Wednesday 17 November 2010

All Wrapped Up.

I have been doing a little research on present wrapping, the theme for our next craft evening at Wickle. In this day and age we are all trying to use less packaging so I thought it might be a good idea to bring a little of this thinking to our Christmas wrapping.
My first thoughts were of the way they wrap things in cloth in Japan. They do (did?) this often instead of using a bag to carry their groceries. I find wrapping bottles really difficult and I never end up with anything exciting or beautiful so I was delighted to find that the Japanese have a great solution. Here are my efforts. It took me less than a minute to do and I used scarves that I got from a charity shop that cost about the same as a piece of posh paper. Look at the useful handles!



For more inspiration visit these great sites.
Layers of Meaning
Raven's Nest

If you want to find out more, join us at Wickle on Thursday 9th December 7.30 - 9.30pm. Mulled wine and Mince pies!


Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment