Tuesday 4 October 2011

Molly Makes and more...

It's all very exciting at the moment. Firstly we are mentioned in Molly Makes this month. Look, there we are, you can even catch a glimpse of what we look like.


For those of you who haven't seen Molly Makes, it is a fairly new magazine, packed with information about craft, things to make and the latest blogs and exhibitions. I almost get panicky when I read it, there's so much going on and so little time. On the same page as us there is a bit about a new shop in Islington called Ray Stitch. I want to go there, badly. You can check out all their wares and have a coffee at the same time.

I might get the chance to go this weekend because I am going to London to visit the Renegade Craft Fair. In case you haven't heard of Renegade Handmade, they are a group of people, based in Chicago, that started showcasing the work of DIY crafters in Chicago in 2003. Since then they have held fairs across America and they have chosen to visit London this weekend! They hand pick which designers and crafts people are going to show, so you get the see the cream of the crop (you can see who is going to be there here). I am so excited. It feels like the craft equivalent of the Rolling Stones are rocking into town. Hmm, what would that look like? If there is any possibility for you to visit it, you should. It feels like a little bit of craft history. OK enough. I finally have an iphone so I'll take lots of pictures, collect lots of cards and share it with you when I get back. Only three sleeps to go.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment