Monday 20 June 2011

Much Ado About Books

On Saturday I had a dream day. Kate and Nash at Much Ado Books in Alfriston (a beautiful village near here) asked me to come and sit in their bookshop and, using old books that would otherwise been shredded, make things from a wonderful book that they stock called Playing With Books by Jason Thompson who runs the Rag and Bone Boutique with his partner Ilira Steinman (they have a lovely on-line store and really inspiring blog).


I sat at a table upstairs and a stream of Alfriston's finest women joined me and helped me eat the fantastic chocolate bread that Kate fuelled me with. We made origami flowers, stars, bracelets and book sculptures. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it and loved meeting everyone. It is fascinating how when our hands are busy what conversations arise. I hope they invite me back.



Hmm. Not much bread left.





No comments:

Post a Comment