Friday 24 September 2010

Ebay Love

Sometimes I love Ebay. Today I love it. We have been frantically bidding on tablecloths for our first gathering. I'll be glad when we've got enough, my nerves are shot to pieces. I never knew that tablecloth buyers could be so sneaky, devious and sharp. I imagine loads of grannies placing their bids in the last ten seconds, cackling at my lack of expertise and dragging on their cigarettes while I sob over my keyboard. Damn them. I have found that they often nap in the afternoons and I am left in peace to make a purchase or two. Today it all paid off. Three packages arrived. I was so surprised and delighted when I opened them. It was as if the sellers had known the pain I had gone through to get these cloths. My bedroom was filled with the scent of lavender and other people's washing powder. Rather intimate. The care that these people had put into wrapping my prizes was touching. Tissue, satin ribbons and lavender. Thank you ladies.
Emma

 

No comments:

Post a Comment